Skip to main content

Author Lea Barrymire

 I had the chance to interview author Lea Barrymire about her latest release from SirenBookstrand.
                                          http://www.bookstrand.com/maggies-abduction



Q. Tell me a little bit about your latest release.
My debut novel, Maggie’s Abduction, came out April 19th from Siren Publishing. It’s a science-fiction/ futuristic erotic romance about Maggie, who… you guessed it, gets abducted. She is taken from Earth and given to Raharan, a feline alien, as a distraction to keep him happy.
Here’s the blurb: Maggie's night couldn't get much worse. She’d been dragged by her skinnier, and cuter, best friend to a bar to meet a blind date. Then, she’s drugged and wakes to find herself on a ship as a sexual submissive to a massive, feline humanoid. After being stripped naked, and terrified, she finds herself tied to a bed that belongs to war prisoner Raharan, the golden-eyed alien that’s been given Maggie as a distraction. She finds that being submissive to him opens her eyes to love and an amazing sex life. When more of his kind attack the ship to free their brethren, Maggie finds herself coveted by another. Will she be destined to act as the slave for another, or will Raharan find and save her in time?

Q. How did you decide to write paranormal and futuristic erotic romance?

I write what I love to read. I am a closet sci-fi geek! I loved reading sci-fi and fantasy books when I was a kid, and as I grew my reading tastes changed, but it didn't affect the genres I like to read. There is just something about a gorgeous alpha male that can turn into an animal, or can control minds.

Q. What's on the calendar for upcoming books?
May 22nd my first shifter/vamp book releases. Willie Krenshaw is a woman pissed a the world. She's strong, a shifter and part vampire. She's lived a lonely life but stumbles, literally, over a male that sets her world spinning. Half in Love is the first book of the series. She was a lot of fun to write. I'm working on the second book of that series now.

I have the first book in a paranormal/ futuristic series coming out on June 19th. The series features super soldiers that were engineered in a lab through genetic manipulation. They are designed with altered genes that give them heightened senses and skills. The doctors had also figured out how to unlock psychic abilities. One of the genes the doctors inadvertently unlock is a primal, animalistic gene that is triggered when a perfect match, or mate, is detected. Cain is the first of these men to exhibit the symptoms of this gene.

I have a BDSM Quickie story being published by Ellora’s Cave in the near future. Oh, and I tried my hand at their EC for Men series with a sexy prostitute named Destiny. Her book, Another Taste of Destiny, will be coming soon as well.


Q. What type of environment is the best for writing in? What do you like to have around while you write?

I have to have noise. I think it keeps the gremlins in my brain busy so the characters can do their thing. I listen to lots of music while writing, but the type of music is completely dependent on the mood of the scene. I love Korn, Puddle of Mudd, Breaking Benjamins, and many other bands. If I'm editing or working on something delicate I just pull out some classical zen music.

I also like to have peanut M&M's around, but they are necessary! :)


Q. How can readers find you in the cyber world?

Author bio:
Lea lives in Western New York with her hubby, three children, and miscellaneous critters. Before the rugrats, she lived a life of adventure, following her husband all over Europe with the US military. She’s slept in a car outside Paris, drove six hours just to see tulips in the Netherlands, and knocked ash from her shoes at Pompey. Now she spends her time in life’s adventures at soccer games, PTA meetings and school plays.
Lea has loved reading from a very young age, spending many sleepless nights devouring books. Science fiction and paranormal were her favorite genres to read as a teenager, and that love bled into her adult life. She started writing during a bout of insomnia, to fill time, and found it filled a creative void. Now she communes regularly with the characters in her head and tries not to laugh out loud when they say something funny.
When Lea isn’t reading, writing or corralling kids, she enjoys watching movies and sciency shows, or just kicking back and listening to some music.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jana Downs

Questions: How long have you been writing professionally? I’ve been writing professionally for the past year and some odd months now.   It’s been a wild ride and I have been thoroughly enjoying myself. J   What inspires your writing? Inspiration strikes at the oddest moments. It can come from pretty much any source, whether it’s a phone conversation, a planned adventure, or something mundane turned adventure like a runaway lawn mower. People especially tend to be inspirations. The best characters I’ve developed have come from the interesting personalities of people around me.   Who is your favorite author? Or do you have a favorite book? [or both if you’d prefer] I have so many favorite authors that if I listed them all, you’d be reading pages.   I can however, tell you that the favorite book on my shelf right now is Lover at Last by JR Ward. It’s been a book I’ve been waiting for for a long time and it didn’t disappoint.   What are your futu

LIFE

I've been MIA lately. Have I been busy? Oh have I! Last Saturday I received the wonderful news that my novel, Rainbow Hill and my novella, The Boys of Banana Court will be published by Wilde City Press, a new to me publisher. When I received this email I almost fell out of my rolly office chair. To say that I was happy is an understatement. Rainbow Hill took me around 6 months to write and I prayed that someone would agree to publish the sucker. My prayers came true. As for BBC that took me two weeks but I had thought about it for two years but never got around to writing it. I plan to have three more in that series....maybe four. Let's see. I refuse to commit. What's next? A paranormal trilogy! I love vampires and I do believe that I do write them well. My vamps are sexy and quirky and HAIRDRESSERS. How fun is that!?!? Well let me tell ya, it's FUN! Let's keep our fingers crossed that I can sell this series too. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. What&

Sage Marlowe

Today I have the fabulous Sage Marlowe on my blog. I LOVE Sage, a great writer with great covers to match. Please welcome Sage to my blog with an insightful Q & A. How long have you been writing in the Manlove genre? I started writing in March 2010, which seems a lifetime ago now. My first novel, Sub-Mission was published in May 2012 by Total-E-Bound, so I have yet to celebrate my first anniversary as a published author.   Where do you write from? I write all my stories from the heart. Oh, I’m sorry, did you mean geographically? I currently live in Germany, in a very rural corner of the west. What is your writing routine? My only routine is constant chaos. I have a nineteen months old, very curious and vivid daughter, and any writing has to be arranged around her needs. This means I type most of my first drafts on my trusty phone while she plays or takes a nap. Once the first draft is done, I use the evenings to polish the manuscripts on the laptop.